PALM SPRINGS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
The Worship of the God of Grace in Jesus Christ
May 3, 2020 - 10:00 AM Service4th Sunday in Easter
Liturgical Color: White
"In The Gateway" by Rev. Bruce Myers
ATTN: if you start playing an audio file (by pressing the "Play" button), you need to press the same button again to stop it before starting playing another audio file. Otherwise, both audios will play simultaneously.
Play the whole Service:
|Pre-worship Music||I Go To The Rock||Alex Danson|
|Gathering Song||God Welcomes All||Hymn #399|
|Welcoming||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|Passing of the Peace||My Peace (As we return to our seats.)||Congregarion|
|Life of the Church||Lynn Hamilton|
* Friendly reminder that Pastor Bruce will be hosting Bible Study every Thursday at 1:15 PM PDT. You may join the Bible Study via Zoom if you would like or by teleconference. Please check your email for the access information, or give us a call at the office for information on how to join the class.
* Our church staff will be in the office periodically throughout the week for you to drop off your recyclables or mission donations, please call the office and we will coordinate a time for you to do this.
* We, your church family, would like to extend a very heartfelt appreciation for your continued donations toward our summer and general funds. It is a challenging time for us all in so many ways now and we would like for you to know your giving thoughts toward your church illustrates how blessed we are for each and everyone of you.
* Our thoughts and prayers are with a wonderful young lady and our dear friend, Ruth Hunter, for her speedy recovery.
* We wish our northern friends safe and speedy journeys as they return north to their summer homes. We will miss you and look forward to staying in touch afar!
* To us ALL ... we remain safe, well and connected to our family, friends and church!!
|Prelude||Come to the Table||Alex Danson|
|Call to Worship (Responsive)||Lynn Hamilton|
ONE: The Shepherd calls us by name
and leads us to abundant life.
ALL: We hear your voice and hasten to follow.
ONE: The Shepherd prepares a table
and lavishly pours out grace.
ALL: We hear your invitation
and take our place at the feast.
ONE: The Shepherd gathers us in
and welcomes us to the house of the Lord.
ALL: We hear your call and give you praise.
|Opening Hymn||Jesus Christ is Risen Today (4/16/16)||Hymn #232|
|Prayer of Adoration & Confession (Responsive)||Lynn Hamilton|
ONE: Do you hear the voice of our Shepherd? Christ calls us to abandon wayward wanderings,
and return to the caring arms
of the One who safeguards our souls. Beginning with honest confession,
let us respond to our Shepherd
|(A moment for silent reflection)|
|Assurance of Forgiveness (Responsive)||Lynn Hamilton|
ONE: With grace overflowing, Jesus frees us from sins that burden and shame that binds
and liberates us to walk in righteousness.
For Christ came that we might have life,
and have it abundantly.
ALL: In Jesus Christ we are forgiven! Alleluia!
|Forgive Us, Lord (11/3/19)||Hymn #431|
|Praise Hymn||Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us (6/10/12)||Hymn #187|
|Prayers of the People & Lord's Prayer||Rev. Bruce Myers|
Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.
|Prayer for Illumination (Unison)||Lynn Hamilton|
Living God, with joy we celebrate
the presence of your risen Word. Enliven our hearts by your Holy Spirit so that we may proclaim the good news of eternal and abundant life;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
|Psalter Lesson (Unison)||Psalm 23||Lynn Hamilton|
|Song of Preparation||Will You Come and Follow Me? (10/22/17)||Hymn #452|
|Gospel Lesson||John 10: 1-10||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|Pastor: "The Word of the Lord." People: "Thanks be to God."|
|Sermon||In The Gateway||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|Hymn of Preparation||Come to the Table of Grace (1/5/20)||Hymn #726|
|Invitation||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|The Great Thanksgiving|
PASTOR: The Lord be with you.
ALL: And also with you.
PASTOR: Lift up your hearts.
ALL: We lift them to the Lord.
PASTOR: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
ALL: It is right to give our thanks and praise.
|Breaking of the Bread|
|Communion of the People|
|Prayer after Communion|
|Affirmation of Faith (Unison)||Rev. Bruce Myers|
New life in Christ takes shape in a community in which people know that God loves and accepts them in spite of what they are. They therefore accept themselves and love others, knowing that no one has any ground on which to stand, except Godt
|Morning Tithes and Offerings||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|Offertory||The Trumpets Sound, the Angels Sing||Alex Danson|
|Prayer of Dedication||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|A Challenge to Go Forth||Rev. Bruce Myers|
|A Sending Song||Make Me A Channel of Your Peace (2/16/20)||Hymn #753|
|Benediction||Rev. Bruce Myers|